How much does it cost to live in
Lakes Region Manufactured Housing Cooperative?
- Each member household pays two charges. The first is the lot rent, which is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance, trash collection and the ROC's mortgage payments.
- The second charge is the one-time membership fee. Once a member has paid the membership fee, he or she only pays lot rent. And, members get their membership fee back if they sell their homes.
- The lot rent is $370 per month, which includes water and sewer fees as well as curb-side trash collection.
- The one-time membership fee is $500.
- Before the homeowners bought Lakes Region MH Cooperative, we had monthly rent increases of $10-20 each year. Since becoming a cooperative in 2000, we have seen our rent stabilize and our community improve. Any rent increases we have are self-imposed by the residents who live here, and are specifically used for park maintenance and improvements.
- Lakes Region MH Cooperative charges new members a non-refundable $50 application fee for each adult in the household. Find an application here.